[ensembl-dev] motif features - what's a "good" score?

Ilias Lavidas ilavidas at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Nov 12 13:16:41 GMT 2019

Hello Julie,
Defining a specific cutoff score is not very easy, as this is something
that varies across cell types.
Since we are focused on potential binding within our predicted
regulatory elements, we picked a non strict p-value of 0.01 so that we
wouldn't miss potentially interesting sites.

There is a subset of our motif features that we label as 'experimentally
verified' and could potentially be of higher value to you.
This subset contains features that fully overlap with a relevant
ChIP-Seq peak.
At the moment, there is no way to easily retrieve this subset in gff
format, but we'd be happy to offer this option if this seems useful to you.

Regards,
Ilias