[ensembl-dev] MySQL MANUAL

Joseph Steinberger joseph.steinberger at weizmann.ac.il
Tue Nov 19 05:50:34 GMT 2019

Hello Development team,

I made a local MySQL database of the entire Ensembl database. I would like to use regular MySQL commands to interface with the local MySQL data - as opposed to the Perl API.

Do you have printed material - pdfs - relating MySQL commands for the core, compara, regulation,variation, etc. databases?

I see the schema description which has specific SQL examples for compara but not for core. However, I am looking for something more pedagogically written, that illustrates how to do the more common BioMART and REST queries, using instead MySQL commands.

Sincerely,
Yossi