[ensembl-dev] VEP server blocks https requests

Rokhaya BA rokhaya.ba at univ-nantes.fr
Tue Mar 26 13:42:38 GMT 2019

Dear Mark,

Thank you very much for your answer. I tried to reduce my request
according to the service rate limit. Unfortunately, 15 requests per
second did not increase considerably my runtime, I need to submit
hundreds of variants per second.

Anyway, I downloaded your "*/homo_sapiens_merged_vep_95_GRCh37.tar/*"
file and then tried to retrieve SIFT/Polyphen scores and predictions
locally. However, the file is a little bit tricky for me and does not
provide any readme.

Is there any documentation that can help to understand the file
directories or where I can obtain information I need (SIFT/Polyphen
scores and predictions)?

I am really grateful for your help.

Best regards,

Rokhaya BA