[ensembl-dev] VEP server blocks https requests

Mark McDowall mcdowall at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Mar 21 11:19:03 GMT 2019

Hi Rokhaya,

A 429 error highlights that you are hitting the rate limit for a client to the service:

https://github.com/Ensembl/ensembl-rest/wiki/HTTP-Response-Codes

Have a look at the following documentation for the defined rate limits for the service:

https://github.com/Ensembl/ensembl-rest/wiki/Rate-Limits

You'll need to throttle your code by monitoring the headers to avoid getting the 503 errors

Hope this helps,

Mark