[ensembl-dev] Regarding getting started with GSoC 2019 (Ensembl Project)

Ilaria ilaria.battiston at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 08:22:43 GMT 2019

Hello!

I am a fellow GSoC student too, using this opportunity to introduce myself and follow the conversation since I’m interested as well and I really like the projects Ensembl is offering.

I’m Ilaria Battiston, getting in five months my Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science at Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca, Milan, Italy. I have a background in Health Data Analytics, Bioinformatics and Machine Learning and I would love to use this skills to elaborate and learn more on the following projects:

- Circular RNA analytics frontend;
- Using Deep Learning techniques to enhance orthology calls;
- Pan-genome gene content analysis;
- Modelling of external references.

I would love to get to know more the community, my fellow GSoC peers and collaborate with mentors and students to make the best out of this chance.

Thank you so much,
Ilaria Battiston