[ensembl-dev] Regarding getting started with GSoC 2019 (Ensembl Project)

Emily Perry emily at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Mar 1 08:50:54 GMT 2019

Hi Srijan

The Student Projects page (http://www.ensembl.info/about/student-projects/ <http://www.ensembl.info/about/student-projects/>) gives the contact email for questions about GSoC, which is helpdesk at ensembl.org <mailto:helpdesk at ensembl.org>, not the dev list. I see you have also contacted helpdesk – please do not contact both as it creates duplicate work.

All the best

Emily

> On 1 Mar 2019, at 06:55, srijan verma <srijan.verma44 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Hope your week is going well!
>
> I'm Srijan Verma, 3rd undergraduate (Bachelor's in Pharmacy) student from BITS Pilani, India.
> Reaching out to you to explore an opportunity to contribute for the following areas listed at GSoC 2019:
> Using Deep Learning techniques to enhance orthology calls
> Applying machine learning techniques to characterising and naming lncRNA genes
> Since I have a Pharmacy background, I believe my skill sets (Machine Learning, Pharmaceuticals, Bioinformatics and Microbiology) converge well with the given above problems.
>
> Please let me know how I can start contributing, and what I need to do next.
>
> Thanking you
> Srijan Verma
> Penultimate Year
> Bachelor’s (Hons.) in Pharmacy
>
> Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani
> Vidya Vihar, Pilani
> Rajasthan - 333031, India

Dr Emily Perry (Pritchard)
Ensembl Outreach Project Leader