[ensembl-dev] Regarding getting started with GSoC 2019 (Ensembl Project)

srijan verma srijan.verma44 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 06:55:03 GMT 2019

Hi,

Hope your week is going well!

I'm Srijan Verma, 3rd undergraduate (Bachelor's in Pharmacy) student from
BITS Pilani, India.
Reaching out to you to explore an opportunity to contribute for the
following areas listed at GSoC 2019:

   1. Using Deep Learning techniques to enhance orthology calls
   2. Applying machine learning techniques to characterising and naming
   lncRNA genes

Since I have a Pharmacy background, I believe my skill sets (Machine
Learning, Pharmaceuticals, Bioinformatics and Microbiology) converge well
with the given above problems.

Please let me know how I can start contributing, and what I need to do next.

Thanking you
Srijan Verma

Penultimate Year

Bachelor’s (Hons.) in Pharmacy

*Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani*

*Vidya Vihar, Pilani*
*Rajasthan - 333031, India*
ᐧ