[ensembl-dev] Jobs at Ensembl

Paul Flicek flicek at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Oct 9 16:35:52 BST 2017

Hi Andrius,

The LRG project works extensively with the community to create
transcripts suitable for variant reporting.  The LRG sequences and their
component transcripts are standards specifically designed for clinical
use cases, but the LRG project does not interpret variants.

Our curators work to ensure that transcripts with clinical relevance are
annotated accurately and that they meet the requirements of diagnostic
laboratories, LSDB curators and other users.

For more information, we have published a couple of papers describing
the project including the most recent one in 2014:
http://europepmc.org/articles/PMC3965024. There is also information at
http://www.lrg-sequence.org.

Paul