[ensembl-dev] VEP 86 GRCh38 - alt contig names not recognized

MEYNERT Alison alison.meynert at igmm.ed.ac.uk
Mon Dec 5 16:12:50 GMT 2016

Thank you Will, that's good to know.

Cheers,

Alison

--
Alison Meynert
alison.meynert at igmm.ed.ac.uk

MRC Human Genetics Unit
MRC IGMM
University of Edinburgh
Western General Hospital
Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU
United Kingdom
________________________________
From: dev-bounces at ensembl.org <dev-bounces at ensembl.org> on behalf of Will McLaren <wm2 at ebi.ac.uk>
Sent: 05 December 2016 15:50:40
To: Ensembl developers list
Subject: Re: [ensembl-dev] VEP 86 GRCh38 - alt contig names not recognized

Hi Alison,

Those that remain have no relevant data mapped to them in Ensembl (either transcripts or known variants), so we do not record them in the cache, e.g.

http://www.ensembl.org/Homo_sapiens/Location/View?r=KI270722.1:1-194050

VEP shouldn't really warn in these cases, and this will be fixed in a future version.

Regards

Will McLaren
Ensembl Variation