[ensembl-dev] VEP 86 GRCh38 - alt contig names not recognized

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Dec 5 15:50:40 GMT 2016

Hi Alison,

Those that remain have no relevant data mapped to them in Ensembl (either
transcripts or known variants), so we do not record them in the cache, e.g.

http://www.ensembl.org/Homo_sapiens/Location/View?r=KI270722.1:1-194050

VEP shouldn't really warn in these cases, and this will be fixed in a
future version.

Regards

Will McLaren
Ensembl Variation