[ensembl-dev] Which ensembl's data version is used for GRch37 annotation with VEP v80?

Emily Perry emily at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jun 3 10:22:57 BST 2015

Please do not send identical emails to both helpdesk and dev. You have
forced both Will and I to help you when you only needed one of us, which
is a waste of our time. I believe this is the second time I have warned
you about this. If you persist in doing this we will stop responding.

On 03/06/2015 09:52, Kirsley CHENNEN wrote:
> Yes it worked! Thanks!
>
> Best,
> Kirsley
>

> On 03/06/2015 10:42, Will McLaren wrote:
>> You can access the homo_sapiens_*_80_37 databases on port 3337 of our
>> public database server e.g.:
>>
>> mysql -hensembldb.ensembl.org <http://hensembldb.ensembl.org> -P3337
>> -uanonymous
>>
>> Will
>>
>> On 3 June 2015 at 09:37, Kirsley CHENNEN <kchennen at unistra.fr
>> <mailto:kchennen at unistra.fr>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi Will,
>>                 Thanks for the quick answer! So if I want to match
>>     the VEP (v80) results on Ensembl's data (ex: retrieving
>>     annotations or xrefs ...etc), I should download the data from
>>     ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/grch37/release-80/ right as there
>>     aren't any public mysql server up with 'homo_sapiens_core_80_37'
>>     on http://grch37.ensembl.org/info/data/mysql.html right?
>>
>>     Best,
>>     Kirsley
>>

>>     On 03/06/2015 10:22, Will McLaren wrote:
>>>     Hi Kirsley,
>>>
>>>     The gene set is from Ensembl 75, but variation and regulation
>>>     data have been updated.
>>>
>>>     See http://grch37.ensembl.org/index.html for more information.
>>>
>>>     Regards
>>>
>>>     Will McLaren
>>>     Ensembl Variation
>>>
>>>     On 3 June 2015 at 09:17, Kirsley CHENNEN <kchennen at unistra.fr
>>>     <mailto:kchennen at unistra.fr>> wrote:
>>>
>>>         Hi,
>>>             If I use the latest version of VEP (v80) and that I
>>>         specify that I want to use the genome version GRch37, which
>>>         data release is used? Ensembl 75? I meant between releases,
>>>         there are some definition of genes that changes (namely some
>>>         coordinates of genes, or ENSG identifiers (new, update,
>>>         delete)...).
>>>
>>>         Best regards,
>>>         Kirsley

Dr Emily Perry (Pritchard)