[ensembl-dev] VEP Ensembl & Gene Ontology

Magali mr6 at ebi.ac.uk
Mon May 20 09:15:29 BST 2013

Hi Guillermo,

Ensembl imports the GO annotations every release, in an ensembl
compatible schema.
We then add available GO symbols as external references for translations.
These are represented on the web page in the 'Ontology graph' and
'Ontology table' tab for transcripts with translations.
http://www.ensembl.org/Homo_sapiens/Transcript/Ontology/Image?db=core;g=ENSG00000125871;r=20:17949556-17971765;t=ENST00000377710

This is supported as part of our core API, using the module
OntologyTermAdaptor and OntologyTerm.

Hope that helps,
Magali