[ensembl-dev] protein compara pipeline - MAFFT_BINARIES environmental variable

Leo Gordon lg4 at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jan 23 10:27:18 GMT 2013

Dear Sharon,

We know that older versions of Mafft (6.707 and before) need the MAFFT_BINARIES variable to be set,
but newer versions of Mafft (6.864 and after) need it to be unset.
(I can confirm this having run ProteinFamilies pipeline with different versions already).

So if you are running Mafft 7, please feel free to comment out setting this variable.

We haven't done it in our ProteinTrees pipeline code because
the last time we ran ProteinTrees it was using Mafft version 6.707 which still required the variable to be set.

We will update ensembl-compara code as soon as we run the ProteinTrees with Mafft 7.

Thanks for reminding us about it :)
Best regards,

Leo.