[ensembl-dev] Display BAM with respect to Ensembl features

Thibaut Hourlier th3 at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Aug 22 10:21:11 BST 2013

Hi Ben,
The coordinates of your reads in the bam file should be genomic so there is no easy way. You will need to a write a Perl script to modify your bam file.
As you used Ensembl gene models the transformation of your coordinates should be pretty easy as the reference name in your bam file should be the stable id of your feature. Then you can get the genomic coordinates of the feature with the Perl API and calculate the genomic coordinates of your read.

Hope this help
Thibaut