[ensembl-dev] EnsEMBL compara / protein sequence alignments

srodriguez srodriguez at jouy.inra.fr
Mon Nov 5 13:47:01 GMT 2012

Hi Javier,

Thank you for your answer.

Actually, I would like to obtain, 1 file per protein query aligned to
all other species ortholog proteins (and not 1 sequence to 1 sequence).

ex:
for protein ENSBTAP00000032594, the file containing:
ENSBTAP00000032594/1-397
MDALRASAAKPPTGRKMKARAPPPPGKPATPNLHSGQRSPRRASPGPPQNQLSR
ENSP00000265136/1-1261
MDAPRASAAKPPTGRKMKARAPPPPGKAATLHVHSDQKPPHDGALGSQQNLVRMK
ENSSPECIE2...
ENSSPECIE3...

Also, I would like to have 1 file per protein from the query, and if a
gene has several proteins, obtain all the proteins query as single
files with the alignment as above.

Do you know if it is feasible to obtain such an output with Ensembl compara?

In that case, could you please modify the script to obtain it?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Sabrina.