[ensembl-dev] Failed to add BAM tracks, .bai present, .bam sorted, need detailed error codes

Andrew Tikhonov andrew at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Nov 2 11:59:40 GMT 2012

Hi Beth,

	It's a different one. I'm putting the files on the file location, however the web multiplexing software randomly routes the requests between 2 physical instances, which have identical but separate files systems, which results in presence of the files in half of the requests and absence in another half. I've moved the files to a more controlled place and added both file successfully. The original file seems to be sorted as well, which is kinda weird because the file sizes slightly differ, although index files are identical.

	As a "would be nice to have" proposal / feedback - would be god to actually see the reason of the error to significantly reduce the investigation / resolution time. Perhaps under a separate "show details" kind of link.

	Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Andrew