[ensembl-dev] Fw: variant effect predictor script +Help

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jul 11 09:22:10 BST 2012

Hi Neeba,

Currently the VEP only supports describing sequence variants (SNPs,
insertions, deletions, multi-bp substitutions) in HGVS format - to
enable this you just add the --hgvs flag when running the script.

If you wanted to retain the VCF format of your input, you can add the
flag --vcf. Furthermore, if, for example, you only want to add the
HGVS coding notation, and none of the consequence type fields, you
could add "--fields HGVSc", or "--fields HGVSp" for the protein
notation, or even "--fields HGVSc,HGVSp" to add both.

We do not yet support providing HGVS annotations for structural variants.

Hope this helps

Will McLaren
Ensembl Variation