[ensembl-dev] Ensembl funcgen API problem

Oliver, Gavin gavin.oliver at almacgroup.com
Wed Jul 11 09:40:56 BST 2012

Hi,

The transcript_stable_id table seems to have been removed from the core
database schema in release 65 onwards.  However, using the funcgen API
(v67) I am encountering problems which suggest the API has not been
updated to reflect the changes to the core database structure.

The Bio/EnsEMBL/Funcgen/Utils/Helper.pm module is failing at the
get_core_display_name_by_stable_id subroutine as it expects the
transcript_stable_id table to exist.

Can anyone comment?  Should I stick with v64 or is there an easy way
around this?