[ensembl-dev] How to get 3'UTRs of D. virilis

Sergei Manakov manakov at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Feb 17 02:35:12 GMT 2012

Dear Dan,

Thanks for directing me to metazoa.ensembl.org. Using information on
that page, I was indeed able to connect to drosophila_virilis database
and retrieve its genes.

However, there seem to be no 3'UTRs available for any of the genes in
D.viri. I don't think that FlyBase annotates transcripts beyond
exon/intron information. So what is the best way to get some kind of
3'UTRs for D.viri?

 I think one way to approach this could be to use compara and 3'UTRs
of D.melanogaster (there are 3'UTRs in D.melanogaster Ensembl genes)
to get regions of homology in D.viri. Did somebody perhaps already do
that?

Or maybe there is a different way to get D.viri 3'UTRs?

thanks,
Sergei