[ensembl-dev] problem installing ensembl_compara_61

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Apr 14 12:39:45 BST 2011

Can you check the number of available file handles on your machine Jeff. In the last load of a compara schema we managed to crash our machine because the partitioning used on these tables caused a lot of open file handles which would cause the error you've seen.

If this is the case then iterate through each file & load in its own mysqlimport process. That should help

Andy