[ensembl-dev] RefSeq <-> Ensembl Transcript ID?

Ewan Birney birney at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Oct 7 15:15:02 BST 2010

It is done at the transcript level (not the gene level) though I can't
remember (and it might have changed) whether the Xref stores it
at the protein or cDNA level.

In Ensembl there is a 1 to 1 link between proteins and transcripts,
so mapping "at the protein level" (in terms of how it is stored)
is the same as the cDNA level.

I am pretty sure we now do quite alot of the Xref mapping at the
cDNA level to help resolve very close paralogs - Ian and Glenn to
confirm.