[ensembl-dev] FW: Inquiry Regarding Backend Code for Ensembl VEP Tool

Syed Hossain snhossain at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jun 18 13:53:26 BST 2024

Hi,

Thanks for your query and your interest in VEP!

The repository you are looking for is the following -
https://github.com/Ensembl/ensembl-vep

But keep in mind that, ensembl-vep depends on other Ensembl
repositories, like -
https://github.com/Ensembl/ensembl
https://github.com/Ensembl/ensembl-variation
https://github.com/Ensembl/ensembl-io

The other questions are kind of broad and is not sufficient to be
answered in an email. It is good idea to start with the documentation
first. I would recommend going through the following documentations -
Ensembl VEP documentation -
https://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/tools/vep/index.html
Variation API diagrams etc. -
https://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/api/variation/index.html
Which and how variation data are stored/processed -
https://www.ensembl.org/info/genome/variation/index.html

They will give you the overall idea of how Ensembl VEP works. If you
have specific questions after that we will be happy to answer.

Best regards,
Nakib