[ensembl-dev] FW: Inquiry Regarding Backend Code for Ensembl VEP Tool

Siyang Feng feng.siy at northeastern.edu
Mon Jun 17 15:25:52 BST 2024

From: Siyang Feng <feng.siy at northeastern.edu>
Date: Monday, June 17, 2024 at 10:21 AM
To: dev at ensembl.org <dev at ensembl.org>
Subject: Inquiry Regarding Backend Code for Ensembl VEP Tool

Dear Ensembl Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I’m Siyang Feng, a student major in Computer Science.

I am writing to inquire about the backend implementation of the Variant Effect Predictor (VEP) tool available on your website, specifically at the following URL: https://useast.ensembl.org/Homo_sapiens/Tools/VEP.

I’m interested in understanding the technical details and architecture of the backend system that powers the VEP tool on your website. We are particularly keen on the following aspects:

  1.  The backend codebase or repository, if available.
  2.  The process for handling and processing the user-submitted variant data.
  3.  The parameters used in the VEP tool and how they are managed and utilized.
  4.  Any documentation or resources that could help us integrate a similar solution in our own backend system.

I greatly appreciate the efforts of the Ensembl team in providing such a valuable resource to the scientific community. Thank you for your time and assistance.

Siyang Feng