[ensembl-dev] ensembl funcgen 105 homo sapiens - mysql - detailed description of table content

Garth Ilsley ilsley at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Dec 15 13:11:16 GMT 2021

Dear Samuele,

Thank you for your interest in the regulatory build. The mysql database
isn’t necessarily the best or recommended place to access the output of
the regulatory build. I assume you are using the Perl API as used in the
tutorial you reference? There’s a fair amount of detail linked from
there, as well as in other documentation on the Ensembl site. Details of
the method are described in this paper:
https://genomebiology.biomedcentral.com/track/pdf/10.1186/s13059-015-0621-5.pdf?site=genomebiology.biomedcentral.com.

For your question below, Peaks are called as described here:
http://www.ensembl.org/info/genome/funcgen/peak_calling.html. Is there
something specific you are looking to answer?

Best wishes,
Garth