[ensembl-dev] Missing latest RefSeq Transcript in MySQL of Ensembl 100 GRCh37

Helen Schuilenburg helens at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jun 9 08:49:29 BST 2020

Hi

The database and VEP caches are in sync. NM_004448.3 is in the database
and VEP caches.

Running VEP for a variant  using the database without a cache
NM_004448.3 is returned e.g.

./vep --database --assembly GRCh37 --port 3337 --input_data
rs1456994901  --refseq

The schema has not changed and NM_004448.3 can be queried using the
transcript and the xref table
https://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/api/core/core_schema.html#xref

SELECT stable_id
FROM transcript
WHERE stable_id like '%NM_004448%'

It is best to query using the API instead of querying the database directly.

See core API: https://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/api/core/index.html)

The core tutorial
https://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/api/core/core_tutorial.html#xrefs

FAQ: How do I access RefSeq annotation in Ensembl?
grch37.ensembl.org/Help/Faq

Regards

Helen