[ensembl-dev] Ensembl Gene ID of Motif Feature

Souhila Amanzougarene souhila.amanzougarene at cnrs.fr
Thu Apr 30 18:00:44 BST 2020

Hi Anja,

Thanks a lot for your response.

I understand. Yes, I wanted to get taget gene that is regulated by a
given motif feature.

I have another question about the *motif score change,* I don't
understand when can we say that the difference in motif scoreis high or
low, is there a threshold ? How to interpret the negatif or positif
diffeneces?

Best regards

Souhila

*
*

Le 29/04/2020 à 13:47, Anja Thormann a écrit :
> Dear Souhila,
>
> we don’t have any information about the gene that is regulated by a
> given motif feature if that is what you were after. Please let me know
> if that is not the case. VEP returns gene IDs for variants which
> overlap transcripts.
>
> Best regards,
> Anja
>

>> On 27 Apr 2020, at 16:35, Souhila Amanzougarene
>> <souhila.amanzougarene at cnrs.fr
>> <mailto:souhila.amanzougarene at cnrs.fr>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ensembl Developers,
>>
>> I used VEP to annotate vcf files, I'm interested by the
>> *MotifFeature*. In the annotated file, I have only the ensembl motif
>> ID (Feature column).
>>
>> Is there any way to get gene ID in addition of the ensembl motif ID.
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> --
>> Souhila Amanzougarene

Souhila Amanzougarene