[ensembl-dev] Ensembl FTP server seems to be down more often than not recently

Kurt Wheeler kurt.wheeler91 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 19:06:53 GMT 2019

Hello,

My application has been having trouble downloading files from the Ensembl
FTP server. One specific file I have had trouble downloading is:

ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/release-95/gtf/caenorhabditis_elegans/Caenorhabditis_elegans.WBcel235.95.gtf.gz

However, I also am usually unable to even view a directory such as:

  ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/release-95/gtf/

This makes me think the FTP server has not been running for large amounts
of time. While I was writing this email it seems to have come back up, but
a colleague of mine and I have observed it coming up for small periods of
time over the last week or so while remaining generally unreachable.

Is anyone able to look into this?

Thanks,

- Kurt