[ensembl-dev] Question about updating Ensembl Perl API

Kieron Taylor ktaylor at ebi.ac.uk
Mon May 14 11:11:51 BST 2018

Hi Tung-Han.

It seems that you have only updated the ensembl-io component of the API. You must also update the core component. Are you using git to install the core API, or are you using the file here: ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/ensembl-api.tar.gz ?

ensembl-api.tar.gz contains everything you would need, such as ensembl-io as well as Core, Compara, Regulation and Variation APIs.

If you've used git to clone the core API, you will need to check out a new release branch:

git branch
# if this says release/91 then
git pull
git checkout release/92

Once you've updated your code, you will need to be careful that your PERL5LIB contains only the correct paths for the release 92 code, or you may encounter contamination between different releases of Ensembl code.

Hope that helps,

Kieron

Kieron Taylor PhD.
Ensembl Developer