[ensembl-dev] Question about updating Ensembl Perl API

張東涵 a29644972 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 10:58:16 BST 2018

 Hi,

I have a question about updating Ensembl Perl API.

I used this method on ensembl website to update my ensembl Perl API

cd ~/src
wget https://github.com/Ensembl/ensembl-io/archive/release/92.zip
unzip 92.zip
mv ensembl-io-release-92 ensembl-io

PERL5LIB=${PERL5LIB}:${HOME}/src/ensembl-io/modules

export PERL5LIB

However, I still couldn't load_registry_from_db (db_version 92)

use Bio::EnsEMBL::Registry;

$reg->load_registry_from_db (
    -host => 'ensembldb.ensembl.org',
    -user => 'anonymous',
    -species => 'homo_sapiens',
    -db_version => 92,
    - verbose => '1',
);

The warning message is
For homo_sapiens_core_92_38 at ensembldb.ensembl.org there is a difference in
the software release (91) and the database release (92).
You should update one of these to ensure that your script does not crash

How can I update my Ensembl Perl API to load v92 dataset ?

Thanks

Best,
Tung-Han .

Tung-Han Chang, research student
Institute of biomedical informatics , National Yang-Ming University
No.155, Sec.2, Linong Street, Taipei, 112 Taiwan