[ensembl-dev] VEP ProteinSeq with Haplosaurus output

Irina Armean iarmean at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Aug 17 16:07:22 BST 2018

Hi Fong,

Haplosaurus can export sequences if you switch the output to JSON using
--json. The output contains by default sequences for the CDS haplotypes
(cds_haplotypes seq) and for the protein haplotypes (protein_haplotypes
seq).

Each transcript analysed will be summarised in a JSON object written on
one line of the output file.

The JSON format has the same structure as the REST API json:
https://rest.ensembl.org/documentation/info/transcript_haplotypes_get.

I have added an update to our documentation as it was not very clear and
it should be out with the next release.

Best wishes,

Irina