[ensembl-dev] No variants shown gene up- and downstream

Sarah Hunt seh at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Aug 2 10:36:08 BST 2018

Hi Fin,

We are no longer reporting upstream and downstream variants on our gene
pages for human. The table was becoming cumbersome to use since the
number of variants greatly increased in density.

We have a new variant table available from our location pages. To access
if from a gene page, select the 'Location' tab then select 'Variant
table' from the menu on the left. From the initial table, you can use
the usual location navigation to move along the chromosome. Here's an
example link:

http://www.ensembl.org/Homo_sapiens/Location/Variant/Table?db=core;g=ENSG00000158158;r=2:96760498-96760998

I'm sorry we neglected to announce this in the release blog.

Best wishes,

Sarah