[ensembl-dev] REST - map endpoint

mag mr6 at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Jun 16 13:44:47 BST 2017

Dear Daniel,

Looking at this region in GRCh37, you can see there is a patch fix
overlapping.
http://grch37.ensembl.org/Homo_sapiens/Location/View?r=12:122216910-122216910;db=core

This means that, when attempting to map the region in GRCh38 back to
GRCh37, there are two possible results, the region on chromosome 12 and
the region in the patch. As the API will only return unambiguous
mappings, the query comes back empty.

Hope that helps,
Magali