[ensembl-dev] UniGene cross-references

mag mr6 at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Feb 20 14:49:31 GMT 2017

Dear Sebastien,

To map UniGene cross-references to Ensembl features, we align the
sequence against ours.
For Hs.523443, we align 96% of the Ensembl sequence, but only 38% of the
UniGene sequence aligns against Ensembl.
http://dec2014.archive.ensembl.org/Homo_sapiens/Gene/Matches?db=core;g=ENSG00000244734;r=11:5225464-5229395;t=ENST00000335295

Since release 79, we only keep alignments which are above the 90%
threshold for both sequences.
This filters out fragments/partial alignments and is why this UniGene id
is not mapped to Ensembl since release 79 (March 2015).

Regards,
Magali