[ensembl-dev] Retrieve exon number with Ensembl REST API

Matthew Laird lairdm at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Apr 3 15:30:34 BST 2017

Hello Matteo,

You have indeed spotted a bug in the REST API, if the requested overlap
region is completely within the exon's start and end it isn't currently
returned. This bug is only occurring with exon features.

The fix will be available in Ensembl 89 released in May. In the meantime
a work around would be to either expand your overlap window or for any
gene/transcripts returned do a lookup using the expand option to find
any decedent exons.

Cheers.