[ensembl-dev] Some RefSeq transcripts seem broken

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Sep 27 13:26:00 BST 2016

Yes, my reply still stands.

The protein sequence as stored in $tva->transcript_variation->_peptide is
extracted from the protein sequence as constructed by the Ensembl API (from
the imported RefSeq coords and the genomic sequence), *not* from the
protein sequence as given in the RefSeq record. The reasons for this are
explained in my initial reply.

Unfortunately this is how our whole API is designed, and we are currently
looking for better solutions at dealing with situations where the RefSeq
sequence differs from the genome.

Hopefully that makes more sense?

Will