[ensembl-dev] VEP 86 GRCh38 - alt contig names not recognized

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Nov 22 10:01:25 GMT 2016

Hi Alison,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, there was a bug in the way VEP
was handling chromosome names beginning with "chr".

This should be fixed now in the release/86 branch of the ensembl-variation
module; if you used INSTALL.pl to set up your command-line VEP then you can
re-run this to pick up the changes.

Regards

Will McLaren
Ensembl Variation