[ensembl-dev] Rest API lookup

Herzig, David david.herzig at roche.com
Wed Nov 23 12:38:22 GMT 2016

Hi Ensembl Team

I set up the ensembl database with several species. I also set up the REST
API. Everything works fine.

Now I have loaded custom species files into a new database (created the
schema, loaded sequences, loaded GFF, ...)

If I now go the the REST API on the address: GET info/species I can see my
new specie. Also if I connect to the database and check the tables gene,
transcript and exon, everything looks fine.

Now my issue: I have an entry in the gene table of my custom specie. The
gene has the stable_id :123456 (just some ID). If I go now to the REST API
and lookup for this id:

GET lookup/id/123456

I do not retrieve the gene. It seems like I have missed something.

Any ideas?

regads,
David

--