[ensembl-dev] [GSOC 2016] Interested in Applying for 'Ensembl Track Database'

vistaar at iitg.ernet.in vistaar at iitg.ernet.in
Sat Mar 12 06:25:01 GMT 2016

Hi,

This is Vistaar Juneja, a sophomore majoring in Computer Science at IIT
Guwahati. I've been looking through the Ensembl GSOC projects and I found
the 'Ensembl Track Database' project really interesting. I have developed
REST API's using AngularJS as a frontend for both hackathons and as
personal projects. Some of my work can be found
https://github.com/VistaarJ/ .

It would be great if someone can point me in the right direction as to how
I can start contributing to the Ensembl code base. I've already seen the
page at http://rest.ensembl.org/. Should I try to clone the repository at
https://github.com/Ensembl/ensembl-rest and find some bugs? It would be
great if I could have some interaction with the mentor to get to know the
project a little better.

Thanks,
Vistaar Juneja