[ensembl-dev] loading VEP output into db

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jul 27 12:41:14 BST 2016

Hi Nikolas,

As I mentioned in reply to your previous question, you can use --tab with
VEP 84 or later, or in earlier versions use --fields to have all output
written to separate tab-separated columns.

The limitation of using --fields is that you must specify them manually,
but you could do this once and save it to a configuration file [1] or as an
ENV variable. You then have the benefit of knowing which columns you would
need to create in your DB.

Another option would be to use VCF output and a simple shell script to
create one line per transcript.

Regards

Will

[1] :