[ensembl-dev] SIFT score differences.

Sarah Hunt seh at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Jan 8 09:34:32 GMT 2016

Hi Treesa,

SIFT and PolyPhen results are heavily dependant on sequence conservation
estimates derived from the protein sequence alignments and using
different versions of the protein databases can result in substantial
variance in the predictions and scores obtained. We follow the standard
process for running each tool locally and document the code and protein
database versions used for each release here:

http://www.ensembl.org/info/genome/variation/predicted_data.html

The code and protein database versions have changed a number of times
between e!66 and e!75, so I would expect many slight differences in
scores and some differences in predictions.

Best wishes,

Sarah