[ensembl-dev] Missing data in public mysql database

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Sep 14 10:45:25 BST 2015

Hello,

The 1000 Genomes project genotype and allele frequency data is too large to
store efficiently in our MySQL schema, so our APIs use a custom VCF backend
to retrieve these data and return them on the web, REST and Perl API
interfaces.

Therefore to retrieve them you must use one of our APIs or access the VCF
files directly yourself.

There's a blog post about this that you can read here:
http://www.ensembl.info/blog/2015/06/18/1000-genomes-phase-3-frequencies-genotypes-and-ld-data/

Regards

Will McLaren
Ensembl Variation