[ensembl-dev] Missing data in public mysql database

Fin Swimmer ensembl at need-login.de
Mon Sep 14 09:53:38 BST 2015

Hello,
i'm conncecting to the public mysql database via mysql workbench with
the following login informations:

server: ensembldb.ensembl.org
port: 3306
user: anonymous

I was trying to fetch the allel frequencys for a SNP but could not get
all informations I need. So further investigations shows that some data
are missing.

I looked up the population table to find the id for 1000Genomes:

SELECT * FROM homo_sapiens_variation_81_38.population WHERE name LIKE
"%1000GENOMES%";

This give me for example the id 373417 for "1000GENOMES:phase_3:CEU".

With the id I went to the allele table:

SELECT * FROM homo_sapiens_variation_81_38.allele WHERE
population_id=373417;

This ended up in 0 rows returned.

I know I could fetch frequency information via the REST-API. But I would
like to use mysql.

So, am I doing something wrong?

fin swimmer