[ensembl-dev] Mirror site for users in Qatar

Kieron Taylor ktaylor at ebi.ac.uk
Tue May 26 11:00:35 BST 2015

Greetings Genomeo,

The primary factor for the Ensembl API performance is often network latency. The Asian mirror might be viable, but I don’t know the network topology. I suggest you time a very simple SQL query against our various public databases to establish basic latency and go with the best of those. If you’re pulling huge volumes of data that’s harder to judge.

If you have a large local user group, it might also be worth hosting a local mirror of your own.

Regards,

Kieron

Kieron Taylor PhD.
Ensembl Core senior software developer