[ensembl-dev] ApoC3 is missing - precisions

p.pierre419 at laposte.net p.pierre419 at laposte.net
Thu Mar 19 15:23:24 GMT 2015

Precisions

----- Mail original -----

De: "p pierre419" <p.pierre419 at laposte.net>
À: "Ensembl developers list" <dev at ensembl.org>
Envoyé: Jeudi 19 Mars 2015 15:43:33
Objet: Re: [ensembl-dev] ApoC3 is missing

Hello Rishi,

Thanks a lot for your clarification.

I also tried (via your link blast tool of Ensembl! - I did not know ... it is very useful to blast simultanously on many species !) to blast on gallus using the three different parameters (normal, near match and distant homologies) without find any hit.

I also used discontiguous megablast (NCBI) from nucleotide sequence, without relevant hit.

I have 2 questions :

Do you know if it is the same BLAST algorithm that "distant homologies" blast ?

To be annotated by the Ensembl pipeline and displayed on the ensembl! gene tree, does a protein must be at a specific level of evidence as "protein coding" (i.e. not displayed if only "predicted" without biochemical evidences).
But even with these indications, Gallus ApoC3 should be taken into account in "Gene tree" : indeed, its RefSeq status is "validated" and its gene type is "protein coding" :
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gene/100859721

Why ApoC3 is missing in Gene tree in these conditions ?
I would like understand,
Thanks,
Sébastien