[ensembl-dev] Bos taurus Baylor Btau_4.6.1 (UCSC bosTau7) in Ensembl

Daniel Barrell dbarrell at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jan 14 16:22:45 GMT 2015

Hi Joël,

Ensembl will annotate the assembly that is agreed to be the
'representative genome' by the groups involved in the 'Browser Genome
Release Agreement'
(http://www.ensembl.org/info/about/legal/browser_agreement.html), that
is: UCSC, NCBI and Ensembl.  For cow this is UMD_3.1.1:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/assembly/GCF_000003055.5/

So at the moment we have no plans for Btau_4.6.1.

I hope that helps,

Dan

PS: I'm aware that Ensembl is still showing annotation for UMD_3.1 but
that's down to time. Plus the majority of the contigs are the same as 3.1.1.