[ensembl-dev] LD : Number of genotypes supported by the program (250) exceeded

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Feb 23 11:13:27 GMT 2015

Hi Catherine,

Yes, you can increase the number by editing and recompiling the C code used
to calculate the LD values:

(/path/to/src/ is where you have the ensembl-variation API module).

cd /path/to/src/ensembl-variation/C_code
sed -i.bak "s/#define SIZE 250/#define SIZE 500/" calc_genotypes.c
make

You then have to either copy the resultant calc_genotypes file somewhere in
your path, or add the path to your PATH environment variable

export PATH=/path/to/src/ensembl-variation/C_code:${PATH}

if you use BASH, or

setenv PATH /path/to/src/ensembl-variation/C_code:${PATH}

if you use tcsh or csh.

If you re-run your script it should then use the recompiled binary.

HTH

Will McLaren
Ensembl Variation