[ensembl-dev] Variant Effect Predictor error

Radhika Bartaula rb11 at wildcats.unh.edu
Tue Feb 3 21:21:34 GMT 2015

Hi,
I am having trouble with variant_effect_predictor.pl. I am using this script to predict the effect of the SNP’s of wheat(Triticum aestivum) exome capture. I installed the tool as explained in the tutorial. http://useast.ensembl.org/info/docs/tools/vep/script/vep_tutorial.html

The test data sets runs perfectly fine with human cache but when I run the script with Triticum aestivum cache I get the following error. The cache for Triticum aestivum is in directory $HOME/.vep. I downloaded the prebuilt cache, other species(Plants, triticum_asetivum_vep_25_IWGSC2.tar.gz). Then I moved it to       ~ /.vep/. I followed instructions from http://useast.ensembl.org/info/docs/tools/vep/script/vep_cache.html.

Here is the error I was getting.

perl variant_effect_predictor.pl<http://variant_effect_predictor.pl/> -i /berber/radhika/seq_for_assaf/mpileup_on_rmdup/Zavitan_var.flt_d6_a4.vcf --species triticum_aestivum --cache