[ensembl-dev] Is it possible to reuse VEP (75_37) output for Ensembl core data 82_37

Sarah Hunt seh at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Dec 3 10:58:13 GMT 2015

Hi Treesa,

We switched to using GRCh38 in release 76, so release 75 was the last
time GRCh37 gene annotation was updated. We are maintaining a GRCh37
site and database and these have been updated with variant and
regulatory data which you would have access to in a new VEP run, but
there is no change to the transcripts.

If you are only interested in consequences for public variants, you
could look at the file:

ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/grch37/update/variation/vcf/homo_sapiens/Homo_sapiens_incl_consequences.vcf.gz

You don't say how you ran VEP previously but there is information you
may find useful on how to make it run faster here:

http://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/tools/vep/script/vep_other.html

Best wishes,

Sarah