[ensembl-dev] Is it possible to reuse VEP (75_37) output for Ensembl core data 82_37

binit treesa binit.treesa at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 06:15:41 GMT 2015

Hi Ensembl Team,

Currently we are using  homo_sapiens_core_82_37 database. Previously we
created VEP output for homo_sapiens_core_75_37 version. It took lot of time
for us to run VEP with all varaints.

We think that homo_sapiens_core_82_37 core database contains more records
and there will be count difference (increase)  in number of genes and
transcripts. Some genes in version 75 will be retired and 82 version do not
have that well.

Can we use VEP output generated for homo_sapiens_core_75_37 database,  for
homo_sapiens_core_82_37 data if the Ensembl gene id, transcript id
,co-ordinates and alleles are matching in VEP output file?

Also Whether it is  possible to get VEP information from any sources for
Ensembl core  82_37 without running VEP perl script?

Thanks in advance,
Treesa Binit