[ensembl-dev] database model and API versions

mag mr6 at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Apr 27 17:48:47 BST 2015

Hi Duarte,

The mysql dumps for GRCh37 are available on the ftp site as well
ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/grch37/release-79/mysql/

I would recommend having only one copy of human for release 79.
So if you are interested in the GRCh37 data, you can download the
database from ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/grch37/release-79/mysql/ rather
than ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/release-79/mysql/

If you need both databases on the same server, you can access a given
database directly rather than using the registry.
my $human_dba = Bio::EnsEMBL::DBSQL::DBAdaptor->new(
     -HOST => 'localhost',
     -PORT => 3306,
     -USER => 'user',
     -DBNAME => 'homo_sapiens_core_79_37',